A sweet and delicious blend of fall fruits, caramel, and cinnamon create the perfect drink to serve at any fall get-together. Scroll down to the bottom for some more porch ideas for this fall!
Cocktails are so fun to plan, because there is one for every occasion. Every season, every life event has a cocktail that goes well with it. But making cocktails for parties is actually very annoying. Enter sangria. Everyone loves sangria. Do all the (very minimal) work ahead of time, pop it in the fridge while you do the rest of party prep, and a delicious drink is ready for a crowd.
But this sangria is the best of all. It’s sweet and perfect for fall.
Ingredients for fall sangria
Fresh fruit is a crucial ingredient for any sangria recipe. I wanted to add both fresh apples and fresh pears, but the pears did not hold up so well. Apples give plenty of fresh fruit flavor, and kept their shape and color. I used Honeycrisp, but there’s no much sweetness, that Granny Smith would work very well too.
The most unusual thing you will need is the pear vodka, which is absolutely delicious. If you can’t find it, you can use regular vodka and add 1/4 cup of pear nectar, which is available at the grocery store.
I added caramel sauce to this sangria, just the jarred sauce that is used for topping ice cream. A note of caution- it will settle to the bottom and not look super beautiful. But it still adds a little extra sweetness so I kept it in the recipe. It will still be delicious without the caramel if you would prefer to leave it out.
The type of wine you use is not important, as long as its white wine. Dry or sweet will both work, it doesn’t really make a difference.
Since the apple cider is a big portion of this recipe, you will want one that you know you like! Fresh apple cider is best, either from your favorite farm stand or the just the grocery time.
Fall porch inspiration:
Now that you know what to serve on the porch, check out some beautiful decorating inspiration and few fun projects to try!
More fall party recipes:
- This pumpkin sheet cake is a surefire crowd pleaser, and is as simple as can be.
- If you want a chili recipe everyone will love and can be made ahead, give mine a try.
- If you need an appetizer, this bruschetta recipe uses lots of seasonal produce (but the kids probably won’t go for it!)
Here’s the recipe!
🌟 If you try it and you love it, please give it five stars!Print
Apple Pear Sangria: Perfect Fall Cocktail
A sweet and deliciously fruity fall cocktail warmed with cinnamon and caramel.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minuters plus chilling
- Yield: 1 gallon 1x
- Category: cocktail
- Cuisine: American, European
- 4 apples, chopped
- 2 cups pear flavored vodka
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle white wine
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups club soda
1. Add the chopped apples to a large (1 gallon or larger) pitcher or drink dispenser. Pour in the vodka, caramel sauce, white wine, and apple cider. Place in fridge for 2-4 hours. 2. Right before serving, stir and add cinnamon sticks and club soda. 3. Serve over ice with additional cinnamon stick for garnish.
If you can’t find pear vodka, add 1/4 cup of pear nectar (available in the international section of the grocery store) The caramel will settle to the bottom of the container as it cools, but it still adds flavor to the whole drink.
Keywords: fall sangria, apple pear sangria, fall cocktail for party
Don’t let fall pass you by without trying this recipe!